Module 5 School Administration
The manual can be downloaded from the link below. It is password protected. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
The focus of the learning in this knowledge module is to build an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed for school principals to supervise and manage administrative activities of the school.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 6
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 3
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
Section 1: Overview and Strategic Planning
This section gives an overview of School Administration and a detailed account of how to do a strategic plan.
- Notes to Learner
- Overview of School Administration
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Activity 1: Strategic Planning, what it is and how to do it.
- Where are we now? Where do we want to be?
- Writing up the Action Plan, Communicating it to the Stakeholders and Monitoring Progress
- Activity 2: Strategic Planning, Implementation, Communication and Monitoring.
Section 2: Whole School Improvement Plan
A School Development plan is similar to strategic planning in as much as it is a process that schools can use to set goals for improvement and make decisions about how and when these goals will be achieved. This plan is called a School Improvement Plan (SIP) which should lead to a lasting improvement in learner achievement levels
Section 3: Administrative leadership and support
While principals may understandably devote a great deal of attention to strategy, improving the quality of teaching and learning and supporting the cultural and sporting needs of their schools, the core administrative challenge remains managing the school's administration, personnel, facilities, physical and financial resources.
- Administrative Systems – Systems for Documents and Records
- Systems for Financial and Asset Control and Learner Admissions
- Activity 4: Administrative Systems for Documents, Records, Financial and Asset Control and Learner Administration.
- Systems for Learner Administration and Support, Information and Technology
- Processes and Systems to Manage Correspondence and Communication
- Activity 5: Systems for Information and Technology, Managing Correspondence and Communication
Section 4: Writing, Implementing, Monitoring and Reviewing School Policies and Summary